Purchase Requisition/Purchase Order
The Process for Purchase Orders
A purchase order must be issued by following these steps:
- A faculty/staff member identifies a buying need. The faculty/staff member may ask the Purchasing Office to identify sources, develop procurement descriptions or specifications, obtain quotes from potential suppliers, and share the information with the department.
- The faculty/staff member completes a Requisition form using Banner Self Service. Any quotes or single/sole source justifications should also should be submitted at this time. The internal account (FOAPAL) to which the cost should be charged must be included. Once approved by the department and/or division head, the form will be forwarded to the Purchasing Office.
- The Purchasing Office processes the Requisition in accordance with College policies and bidding thresholds. The Procurement Manager must justify the source and the price, and is responsible for determining the validity of any sole source justifications.
- Requisitioning Department should request a completed IRS Form W-9 from any vendors with whom the College has not done business previously.
- When approved by the Procurement Manager, a draft Purchase Order is created. When the Purchase Order is approved and finalized, it is released to the supplier and a copy is provided to the originating requester. The funds are then shown as encumbered in the associated line (FOAPAL) of the department’s budget.
- The product or service is delivered to the requester. The requestor will receive a copy of the Invoice and must notify the Purchasing Office that the goods were received by completing all the information, signing, dating and getting the proper approval form prior to sending to the Payment Center for processing. The Payment Center will issue a check to the Vendor.
Procurement and Payment Services
Easton, PA 18042
Fax: (610) 330-5701